YOUR BILLING RIGHTS
Keep this Notice for Future Use
This notice contains important information about your rights and our responsibilities under the Fair Credit Billing Act.
NOTIFY US IN CASE OF ERRORS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR BILL
If you think your bill is wrong, or if you need more information about a transaction on your bill, write us on a separate sheet and mail to Von Maur, 6565 Brady Street, Davenport, Iowa 52806. Write to us as soon as possible. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the first bill on which the error or problem appeared. You can telephone us, but doing so will not preserve your rights.
In your letter, please include the following information:
1. Your name and account number
2. The dollar amount of the suspected error
3. Describe the error and explain, if you can, why you believe there is an error. If you need more information, describe the item that you are not sure about. If you have authorized us to pay your credit card bill automatically from your checking or savings account, you can stop the payment on any amount you think is wrong. To stop the payment your letter must reach us three business days before the automatic payment.
YOUR RIGHTS/OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AFTER RECEIVING YOUR WRITTEN NOTICE
We must acknowledge your letter within 30 days, unless we have corrected the error by then. Within 90 days, we must either correct the error or explain why we believe the bill was correct.
After we receive your letter, we cannot try to collect any amount you question, or report you as delinquent. We can continue to bill you for the amount you question and we can apply any unpaid amount against your credit limit. You do not have to pay any questioned amount while we are investigating, but you are still obligated to pay the parts of your bill that are not in question.
If we find that we made a mistake on your bill, you will not have to make any payments related to any questioned amount. If we didn’t make a mistake, you will have to make up any missed payments on the questioned amount. In either case, we will send you a statement of the amount you owe and the date that it is due.
If you fail to pay the amount that we think you owe, we may report you as delinquent. However, if our explanation does not satisfy you and you write to us within ten days telling us that you still refuse to pay, we must tell anyone we report you to that you have a question about your bill. And we must tell you the name of anyone we reported you to. We must tell anyone we report you to that the matter has been settled between us when it finally is.
If we don’t follow these rules, we can’t collect the first $50 of the questioned amount, even if your bill was correct.
SPECIAL RULE FOR CREDIT CARD PURCHASES
If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with us, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services.
CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCIES
Von Maur reports the status of our accounts to Consumer Reporting Agencies (Credit Bureaus). If you dispute the information reported or feel it is in error, please contact Von Maur in writing at 6565 Brady Street, Davenport, Iowa 52806.
NOTICE: Any holder of the consumer credit contract is subject to all claims and defenses, which the debtor could assert against the seller of goods or services, obtained pursuant hereto or with the proceeds hereof. Recovery hereunder by the debtor shall not exceed the amount paid by the debtor hereunder.
Charge Account Terms Agreement
1. No finance charge will be added to the account.
2. Each customer’s account will be billed monthly based on the billing cycle closing date. Billing cycle closing dates are as follows:
|Customer's Last Name:
|Billing Cycle Closing Date:
3. The minimum monthly payment is based on the chart below:
REVOLVING ACCOUNT PAYMENT SCHEDULE (CUMULATIVE)
|| and above
|| 1/5 of balance
4. If you are applying for a joint account, both applicants agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement, and each agrees to be jointly and severally liable for payment of all purchases made under this agreement. You will also be responsible for payment of any charges made by anyone you authorize to use your account or charge card.
5. Von Maur, or any agency employed by it, is authorized to investigate your credit record and references. We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments or defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
6. Upon default under this agreement, the customer’s entire balance may, at the option of Von Maur and after compliance with applicable law, become due and payable.
7. Von Maur has the right to limit this charge program and to withdraw charging privileges and close you charge account at any time without prior notice. Any charge cards issued remain Von Maur property and must be surrendered upon request. Von Maur may limit the amount you may charge on your account and reserves the right to change this limit any time without prior notice.
8. Von Maur may change any of the terms of this agreement by sending you written notice as may be required by law. Written notice of any change in the terms of this agreement shall become a part of this agreement.
9. Customers may choose a Long-Term Option payment plan for purchases that qualify for the Long Term Option, provided you qualify. You will be required to sign a Long Term Option form at the time of purchase. Long-Term Option plans are paid in ten equal installments beginning with the first billing cycle after the date of purchase. There is no finance charge on the Long Term Option plan. All other provisions of this Agreement apply to Long Term Option plan and are considered part of the Customer's charge account for all other purposes.