1887 CJ von Maur established the “Boston Store” in Davenport, IA, with partners Rolland Harned and Edward Pursel
1928 Harned & von Maur physically merged with Petersen’s into one location and the store was renamed Petersen Harned & von Maur.
1990 Moved corporate headquarters from Redstone building to the current distribution center, closer to Interstate 80 in Davenport.
2010 The E-Commerce store opened a new fulfillment center for processing merchandise through the vonmaur.com website.
1872 JHC Petersen opens a store with his three sons called JHC Petersen's Sons Co.
1916 The Petersen family sold their store to Harned & von Maur.
1937 The von Maur family took full ownership of the store.
1989 "Peterson Harned Von Maur" is changed to "Von Maur"
1990-2000 Expanded to Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska & Ohio.
2011 Expanded outside of the Midwest for the first time – North Point Mall, Alpharetta, Georgia.